Thursday, August 09, 2007

Miscellaneous little news

Topics today: conference paper, website, Stefan's birthday, planetarium.

The conference paper is proceeding very well, thank you for asking. Rachel helped me to improve the writing a lot. As a native speaker, she could point out weird constructions I had managed to build. I think the paper is now much better and ready to be submitted. I hope the reviewers agree as the camera-ready paper must be available by 19-Aug-07.

www.Tick-the-Code.com is halfway through its migration. Most of the graphical components are in place, most of the content is still missing. There's some new automatically changing content, like the coding rules on the home page and the excerpts from the book draft on the Material page. It will be the best source of information about Tick-the-Code soon.

Stefan celebrated his 40th birthday on Tuesday. Yes, this is the borrowed-Watchmen-the-comic-several-years-ago-and-still-hasn't-finished-it Stefan. I've heard he has started reading the comic and found it exciting enough to finish, I hope.

Yesterday we went to see a show in the Planetarium of Bochum for the first time. They had a special presentation called Eclipse, where the showed astrological images and played the music of Pink Floyd. It is well worth visiting. Find the show times here.

---

Tick-the-Code -viikkojen myynti Suomessa on alkanut kiivaana. Viikoilla 35 Tampereella ja 36 Helsingissä on mahdollista osallistua Tick-the-Code -kurssille tai jopa järjestyttää sellainen firman sisäisenä. Katso kutsu ja ota yhteyttä. Paikkoja on rajallinen määrä, samoin kuin päiviä.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to be precise: this time it's 'Preacher Gone To Texas' - but I guess this doesn't make it any better ;-)

 
At 10:16, Blogger Miska said...

Oh yes, now I remember. Did you give up on Watchmen and start on the more violent Preacher? That's how it went, yeah. But who has my Watchmen then ;-)
Probably Kaj.

 
At 15:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, I don't have any of your comics even though you push them quite hard ;-)

 
At 16:16, Blogger Miska said...

Sorry, I think it is still Stefan... He's just not even trying to finish it anymore. But I think it is a good sign that Preacher is taking hold.

I don't know if reading comics is a special skill, which some people haven't developed. I always thought that pictures with text is easy and the more elaborate comics are fascinating. Maybe they are more difficult to read and understand than I've thought. If they are too much work to read, they aren't enjoyable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home