Friday, July 20, 2007

Paul Anka at Pori Jazz Festival!

Next on stage: Paul Anka
Paul Anka visited Finland in 1959 for the first time. My then-future-mother-in-law was a teenager who desperately wanted to go to Linnanmäki amusement park in Helsinki for the concert, but wasn't allowed. Yesterday, after 48 years of anticipation, Paul Anka returned to Finland and this time, my mother-in-law got to go. She was ecstatic, to say the least. Just like the rest of the audience, we all were dancing, clapping and singing along with the hits. We heard "Diana", "You're My Destiny", "Puppy Love" and "Put Your Head On My Shoulder" and other golden oldies. Paul and his excellent band played also "It's My Life", "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Wonderwall" and "Jump" from the "Rock Swings" CD.
Paul Anka
The crowning of the evening were "My Way" as a duet with Frank Sinatra and "New York, New York". An amazing concert!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home