Sunday, June 10, 2007

Papers, pub, pigeons and Piter

I've had my first research paper published! The peer-reviewed journal called Software Quality Professional published my paper "Tick-the-Code Inspection: Theory and Practice" in their June 2007 issue of volume 9. Unfortunately you have to be a member in order to read it, though. I can tell you that it is an interesting paper and it describes Tick-the-Code in detail.

---

The last few weeks I've spent writing a conference paper. Wish me luck that it will get through and I get to present my findings in the conference in October. The paper is called "Tick-the-Code Inspection: Empirical Evidence" and in it I present all the results of ticking I've collected over the past two years in training sessions areound the world. I also started a project in May and selected at random ten Open Source modules to tick.
At first I was ticking one module each day, but in the end I noticed that I wouldn't be able to cover all of them so I had to tick two modules each day in the end. I'd tick one in the morning (it always took more or less around an hour) and another in the evening. I always made sure I didn't have to tick the same file twice in a row.
In the end I had spent almost 29 hours ticking away. The results are interesting, though.

---

We are putting the show on the road! Qualiteers are offering an info session in Copenhagen next week Wednesday on 20-Jun-07. See the invitation and forward it to your friends in Copenhagen. Tick-the-Code needs friends.

---

For some time now we've been startled by loud pigeon noises on the balcony. I'd go outside to practice my guitar playing and suddenly there'd be a ruckus and a big bird flying away. Well, today I made a discovery. Pigeons have built a nest on the edge of the roof. There's a gutter that they are blocking. A tree branch covers the nest very well, which explains how we could have missed such a large construction this long. It will be interesting to watch how pigeon young (squabs) really look like...
Pigeon nest on the balcony.
pigeon nest


---

In July, Qualiteers is taking its first steps on the Russian market in Saint Petersburg! This is great, because I've never been to Russia and I still remember making and holding a presentation on Peter the Great, the founder of the city. That was probably twenty years ago.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home