Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Finland, South America and David Hasselhoff

-5 degrees centigrade was a freezing reminder of how north Finland actually is. Luckily, just two days ago I sat on our balcony charging the sun's energy in my personal batteries. Some of the energy I used for a drawing, but more on that later.

---

Kaj's Odyssey: We have written records stating that Kaj has been in Arica, Iquique, San Pedro de Atacama, Coliapo(?), La Serena and in some nature reservation near Bolivia. Santiago de Chile was his location before yesterday.
Our fearless traveller has now reached the Easter Islands. He did in a fashion unknown to software developers; early. It is apparently +23 degrees and the palm trees, and only the palm trees are swinging in the breeze. Believe if you want.

The temperature is the only reason why the islanders export all the chocolate eggs they find (left by the Easter Bunny, a species whose nesting habits are mysteriously linked with the huge stone statues on the island. The Easter Bunny is the only native mammal on such a far-away island. All the other species have been brought to the islands somehow.)

---

I'm sitting in a restaurant (Teerenpeli in Tampere has free WLAN connection) and what do they play? David Hasselhoff seems still to be "Looking for Freedom". Like I wouldn't hear that enough in Germany. Catchy tune...I've been looking for freedom, still it can't be found, hmm, hmmm

3 Comments:

At 07:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we all do believe that free WLAN is The Reason for sitting in Teerenpeli. That is actually The Only Reason I can figure out... hmm... see you tomorrow.

marko

 
At 13:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, as a totally anonymous writer, now's the time to visit the SW US. The weather is sweet and birds are singing...
Hint, hint...

 
At 06:53, Blogger psah said...

I can't wait to be sitting in a Teerenpeli restaurant again -it's been to long! And I can't wait to see everyone again! And I can't wait to catch up on all the House and CSI episodes I've missed! And I can't wait to see you guys in the summer!

...Boy, I'm really getting excited about coming home :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home