Monday, September 03, 2007

Conference paper titles

The Pacific Northwest Software Quality Conference (PNSQC) paper titles are out. Mine is paper number 25 in this list. I'm feeling quite proud to be included in such a list. Although the paper is ready, I still need to draft the 40-minute presentation. My target is to have a rough outline ready today, add some touches on it on Wednesday and finish it by Friday. Then I can have a nice, relaxing weekend with my brothers and sister in Lahti.

The weather in Tampere has turned from summer to autumn. The leaves are mostly still green, but I'm sure that will change pretty soon. The leaves will soon turn pretty red, yellow and brown. On my freetime I've done some walking and on Saturday I was helping out a couple who were moving within Tampere. Their new house has pretty steep and long stairs leading to it. The 20-meter long stairs really explain how the loading of the stuff was so much faster than the unloading. As per an age-old Finnish custom, us movers got to stay and go to the sauna, enjoy the warm weather with a barbecue outside, and a few beers. Afterwards, I visited the Ilves nightclub and so two great newcomer bands, which apparently had won some competition or something. Man, were they loud. My ears are ringing still. One of the bands was called "Nemo" and the other one "Major Label". Good stuff, both of them. The sunny day turned into a dripping night and I spent the best part of an hour standing in the taxi queue arriving at five am at my camp site here at Lake Tohloppi.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home