Saturday, September 23, 2006

What a Week!

It's been a terrific week. The work is going great, I received feedback on my writing, I have acquired customers, the weather was sunny and warm, most everything seemed to go well. The nice thing about having things to do, is the purpose they give you. During the summer, I focused on writing my book and at times it seemed futile. There is no certainty that anybody will print and publish it in the end. So the endeavour is all mine. Most of the time I can handle it, but sometimes, just sometimes, it seems that it can all be a waste of time. On the other hand, if I don't write my book now, I might never know if I'm up to it or not.

So I stick to my chosen path and navigate my way. Last week I concentrated on client acquisition and next week is so planned, too. On the weekend I try to relax and work on my writing, watch a little TV, maybe play some board games. Every day I read, too. I'm currently reading Oscar Wilde's "The Happy Prince and Other Stories", Edward de Bono's "Teach Yourself to Think", Gerald M.Weinberg's "More Secrets of Consulting", Mike Carey's "Hellblazer: Stations of the Cross" and Vikas Swarup's "Q&A". I try to have a lot of variety in my reading. There's a children's storybook, a self-help book, a work-related masterpiece, a comic and an entertaining novel.

To crown it all, I put Alan Moore's signature on my wall!

---

Suomennos: Tosi kiva viikko ollut. Listasin myös kirjat, joita tällä hetkellä luen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home