Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I did leave - lucky me!

As you still haven't heard from me after our trip to Yorkshire it's maybe time to let you know that I too did leave Royston Vasey and here I am writing the blog instead of doing all the other (more important?) stuff I should do today.

Now that I come to think of it, actually the trip to England didn't start that well.... it was all Royston Vasey from the very beginning.



We managed to take the bus to the railway station and catch our train. And then it began...

1. The doors in the train didn't work - we had to take our luggage and drag ourselves through many doors and seats and people just to get out.

2. The lift from the platform was kaput - we had to find the stairs somewhere.

3. The not-working-airport shuttle had been replaced with a bus. Well, this we knew already as it has been like that since May, but still at this point I said "what next, probably the lift at the airport is also out of order".

4. We looked up the nearest lift to get to the departures - "out of order".

5. At the airplane they had a lottery. We got number 9. And the winner was sitting right in front of us with the lucky number 10!

. . . .

After all this we arrived in Leeds safely, and that's what counts. The following night we did some bar-hopping. In three out of four places a member of staff managed to break a glass near to us. But as they say: "Sirpaleet tuovat onnea" - that's a Finnish phrase meaning 'shards are lucky' or 'shards bring luck'. Nobody seems to be familiar with this phrase in English, so if someone out there knows if there's a saying like that, please let me know.

And the visit to Leeds turned out to be fine. And we managed to leave - even the Royston Vasey!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home