Friday, June 30, 2006

Soccery thoughts or zuckers

Looks like Lompsa didn't win anything. Argentina lost today. Brazil and Germany are still in, though. Who's going to say that the old men of France can beat Brazil tomorrow?

There's a lot of honking and cheering going on. Still, hours after the game on a city hundreds of kilometers away from Berlin where the match took place. Police car and ambulance sirens go off every now and then and German flags hang on cars, houses and sometimes on people.

If you're interested in my book project, it is going very well, thank you for asking. This week I've managed to reach my daily goal of about 1500 words every day. The chapter I've been writing this week is about 7000 words long now. The weather has permitted me to try writing outside on the balcony. At first it was impossible because the sun was too bright, but with the marquee completely outdrawn, it isn't a problem. As a matter of fact, currently the problem is the darkness. The sun has set, it is almost midnight and I can't see the keyboard. Well, I couldn't if I didn't have this handy swan-neck USB-light attached to my laptop. It might look strange, but it is actually useful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home