Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Lost in France

Bonjour!

I got lost in Paris. This is my third time here in Paris and it has never happened before. My plan was to see the Sacre Coeur and then head back to our hotel. I did see the Sacre Coeur, still there, but the walk back to the hotel didn't go as expected. I was heading to the right way, but then I found myself in a really busy, crowded crossing and somehow just floated with the rest of the people to a direction I wasn't suppose to go. From one street corner to another and the next one.

Suddenly I realised I have not the slightest idea of where I am. And at that point I also realised that on that busy street I was the only white person! "Don't panic" they say in the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", but I did. Not because of the fact that I was the only white person there, but the fact that I couldn't find myself on the map. Two out of three streets were not marked on my map!

Okay, breathe in... breathe out... walk to the next corner and look at the map again. Still no clue. Breathe in... breathe out... and keep on walking. Yes, I'm on the map! And obviously walking to the opposite direction I was supposed to. Turn around and walk.

And there it was, a brasserie I remembered seeing earlier on my way to Sacre Coeur! A glass of white wine and the three-hour adventure had a happy ending.

1 Comments:

At 07:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home