Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Heat wave AFFectS BRain vawes

Bochum has been hot the last week or so. When the temperature rises to 30 degrees centigrade both inside and outside of the apartment, I start getting a bit too mellow, just like toffee does. I'm enjoying this summer greatly!

---

The Football/Soccer World Cup started on Friday and the German team managed to beat their opponent. People here were extremely happy, a little too much for my taste. They are going to play for a whole month, for Pete's sake. Seems that the Germans fear their team will soon drop out of the competition.

Now, after the first week and first round, we could setup our own small bet on the winner. I'll surely send a post card or maybe even a price of some sort to whoever who names the winner this week in the comment to this post. Now everybody, who's your winner candidate? I'm putting my mouth where it is and say that Germany will be the new World Champion!

---

Think of the most unpleasant thing you can. A thing you'd never want to do. Then multiply that unpleasantness with a LARGE number and you start getting an idea of what we've been going through. We're trying to figure out how the value added taxes, invoicing and accounting all fit together. This unifying theory has been the target of European economic scientists ever since the foundation of the European Community a few decades ago. The target seems ever further away. An Austrian scientist, Dr. Müllerschau, has proposed a theory based on superstrings suspended between variable currencies on a multidimensional wallet-time continuum. The competing theory - although also not without loopholes - tries to explain the origins of the values of different monetary units by the interaction of small quantum particles, of which there are three (inflations, reimbursions and budgetons). Neither theory has been proved or deemed even close to useful, unfortunately. Perhaps the Hiltunen couple has more luck in formulating their own theory. I'm hoping for that.

---

I apoloollogize four any tipos in these post. The heat is making it impossiossible to right good. Goodbuy four naugh!

3 Comments:

At 21:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argentina! What did I win? What did I win?

 
At 17:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll put my (non-existant) money on Brazil.

 
At 20:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll make it short: GERMANY.... well, what did you expect?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home