Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Last day in Paris

We ended up not going to the Star Wars exhibition on Sunday, so we went today. Two hours went fast watching items from the six films and films about how the films were made. Even taking photos was allowed!

Today it is very hot in Paris, indeed. The view from Galeries Lafayette, especially from its roof was breathtaking. You could see all Paris sights apart from Sacre Coeur from there.

Yesterday we saw several policecars and motorcycles speed past the terrace we were resting for a while. The Nykänens had arrived in Paris. Two friends warned us about it.

---

On this trip I trained almost 50 people to be effective checkers in the efficient code inspection method I call "Tick-The-Code" Inspection. It is always fun to notice how many more findings people make after my training than before it. It must be a clear sign of the usefulness of the method. To evaluate the real benefit, longer-term studies should be conducted. I'm contemplating contacting some universities, but almost all research is done with students as guinea-pigs, which won't really reflect the reality. It would be much better to use experienced people from industry. I have started to do this now.
At first the number of findings in the initial check was very low (the initial check is done without any assistance from me), but later in the week some people had learned some rules from their colleagues and were using those even in the initial check. That seemed to raise their finding accuracy considerably. But they would still beat their extrapolated number of findings after instructions from me. I'll have to analyse the results properly once I get home.

---

I'm part of the True Professionals. If you need reliable help in software development, see www.true-professionals.eu. My friend Antek will be happy to organize help for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home