Thursday, June 01, 2006

Under attack

After yesterday I was quite confident, nothing unpleasant couldn't happen to me today. Boy, was I wrong!

Someone asked me to check out a couple of hotels in Paris as I happen to be here. Going around in Paris was not the problem today because I took the underground. I found the first of the hotels quite easily and decided to walk a bit further and check out the Les Invalides church. Mistake!

I had passed the church and wanted to walk along a boulevard heading to the other hotel I was supposed to check out. And stupid me, I stopped under a big three for taking a photo of the church. Suddenly something hit me in the head. Hard. Really hard. I almost lost consciousness. I'm not kidding here! I looked around, wondering if it was a big branch from the three. Or a dead bird.

It was a bird alright, but not a dead one. A big, black raven was walking around me, looking furious. Believe you me, a bird can look furious! I took the photo of the church as quickly as I could and the raven flew by my ear. Off I went, didn't look back.

I tried to figure out if that furious bird had harmed me, if I was bleeding or anything. No sign of blood, so I kept going, but I must say I felt kind of dizzy for the next twenty minutes or so. I just hope I'm not going to feel the flu coming up any time soon ;-)

Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow!

1 Comments:

At 07:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home