Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Getting into SHAPE

On Saturday, I finally sent my paper for the Conquest 2006 Conference. I'm pretty happy with the paper. It is called ""Tick-The-Code" Inspection: from Fixing Fallacy to True Prevention". It talks mostly about organizational and other problems to software quality. Especially treated is the culture of busyness, always having too little time to do the Right Thing. It leads to a culture of fixing and as the competition requires better and better quality, companies try all they can to test and fix. Unfortunately, it is a losing battle, and the Way of Quality would be to concentrate resources on prevention. I argument how the code inspection properly executed can help to create constant opportunities for improvement in the code, which a quality-conscious team grasps and utilizes.
I sure hope the paper fits into the program of the conference.

I'm in the middle of switching web servers. I've reserved a host on a German provider called 1blu. Let's see, if I can get my domains moved tomorrow.

I've joined the SHAPE forum of Jerry Weinberg. I'm sure it will contain interesting topics to read about. I hope I will become more effective by participating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home