Thursday, March 09, 2006

Dear Diary...

"Weinberg on Writing" instructed me to make a journal of my writing day, so here goes:
7:30 The alarm clock goes off.
8:00 got up, ate breakfast with the newest Finnish Aku Ankka (Donald Duck), read "Weinberg on Writing", showered and got dressed.
9:10 Checked my email. There was only one.
9:15 Started to continue writing the Conquest conference paper.
9:20 decided to create new ideas. To see where I was and how to continue. I seemed to be slightly stuck. I used the Goldilock's questions: "Are you stuck because you have too many ideas?" No, "Are you stuck because you have too few ideas?" Yes, I only have one. "Are you stuck because you have just the right amount of ideas, just like the little bear's porridge was just warm enough?" No, one's not enough.
9:45 Had collected enough ideas and organized them in a mind map on paper. Was ready to write.
10:30 At 3300 words. Helped my wife, Virpi to reorganize the wash room. (It's a room full of maybe-needs. If a thing is a never-need, it ends up in the cellar. Maybe-needs we keep across the corridor in the wash room, because maybe we need them suddenly.)
12:10 Had lunch. Had two pieces of toast like almost every day.
12:35 Tried to clarify the first monthly sales tax declaration. Not possible. Installed two new programs and tried them out. One of them works, but can't figure out what to fill in. Called our advisor. No answer.
14:30 Put several pictures up on the walls and changed a lamp on a ceiling.
16:40 Wrote.
18:00 Finished exhausted and hungry at 4350 words, wrote a few short character sketches, which I've always wanted to collect, but only realised now that I could and should collect them. Who knows when I'l be able to use them. I've missed so many wonderful character descriptions by now...
18:30 Caught our advisor and agreed to ring again tomorrow morning at 9:00. The tax declaration is due tomorrow.

Then had a wonderful supper with prociutto é melone, ravioli é mozzarella é pomodoro, i.e. ham and honey melon then stuffed pasta with mozzarella cheese and tomato.

So in retrospect, I managed to write about two and a half hours. It's actually quite good in this phase when we still have to deal with new things from becoming self-employed and having moved. Later it will be easier...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home