Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Feedback requests

I've just sent emails to the people who I trained two weeks ago. I asked them for feedback. Let's see what happens. The verbal feedback at the site was positive, but that's how it tends to be. You're more likely to get complaints in written feedback. I hope I get a lot of feedback, not like the feedback I've been getting on this blog, mind you.

There're still a couple official things to be done, one insurance matter to clarify (I have to perform an EKG-measurement under stress) and an application to hand in in the unemployment office. Then everything should be smooth sailing and I can concentrate on the business itself. Yeah, right...No, then I can say that the first challenge has been fulfilled. The first challenge was to start a company in Germany, in German.

I intend to concentrate in the mean time on my writing. I plan to start with a few articles and practice with smaller, condense writings before jumping into my big dream of writing a book. I've been thinking about writing a booklet about code inspection, in the "Tick-The-Code" way, also. My "Qualiteers Handbook" is also in planning already.

So, that's the next challenge: write and have a book published. This time the language is English. And it seems safest to try and write a short book and do it in the professional area I know something about, software quality. It doesn't seem likely that I could write something interesting just out of thin air. Although that might be the next challenge...

This just in, the first feedback mails have arrived. Here a few excerpts:
"Your class was very helpful and I enjoyed it."
"Your training was very useful and a simple and effective way to come out of the vicious cycle of busyness - I hear the similar things from many of my colleagues."
"Again, thanks for giving us a wonderful lecture."

Wow, that feels good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home