Monday, February 13, 2006

Comic hunting

Another week, another pair of training sessions. Today I met the person who's responsible for me being here. He had heard from Southwood that my training sessions are apparently good and wanted them here. It took some organizing because I had left the company by then. All they reached was my former boss, Sedat, who was kind enough to give them my details. And that's when the real negotiations started. Thanks Prasanth. I hope your people got what you asked for!

Went comic hunting. The shop/warehouse was easier than expected to find. I just exited from the freeway and drove down a ramp and from the corner of my eye I happened to notice the shop. Then it was just to find the next xing, make a U-turn and park in front of it. The place was not massive, but it was full of comics and stuff, just like the name of the shop promises (Comics-n-Stuff). There was a guy who wasn't unlike the comic book guy in The Simpsons. He told me several storylines, which he seemed to have memorized. He didn't talk about anything else but comics and I got the impression that he might not know much more, either. He was a fascinating character to meet. It was a good visit, I found many books to buy, but not all. It seems very hard to find the America's Best Comics, which are all written by Alan Moore, my comic writer hero-genius-idol. I've heard often now that he's trying to write too many stories and that's why the books are published so rarely and irregularly.

Happy Valentine's Day to everybody. Hearts, hugs and kisses all around!
Special Valentine's Day greetings go to Virpi back in Germany, alone in a cold apartment. Now you can open the pink envelope. I'll still have to sleep before I can open your present.

Headline stories from here: Snowstorm in New York (I'm sure the chaos will ease up by Thursday, when I'm supposed to fly). They were calling Central Park "a winter wonderland". Another story was vice president Cheney, who accidentally shot another hunter with a shotgun during a pheasant hunt. The victim is recovering in hospital.

1 Comments:

At 01:08, Blogger ggggfdgdfg said...

UFC 229 is an upcoming mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that will be held on October 6, 2018 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. UFC 229 is coming up in October 2018, and tickets for the fight are on sale now - Click here for the latest info, and get your UFC 229 Tickets today!

UFC 229
229 UFC
UFC 229 Fight Card
UFC 229 Start Time
UFC 229 Live
UFC 229 Live Stream

Canelo vs. GGG: Full PPV fight card, start time, undercard, prelims, odds The superfight on Saturday night also features some decent names on the undercard, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez will face Gennady “GGG” Golovkin in a rematch of their September 2017 bout that was ruled a draw, Oscar De La Hoya of Golden Boy Promotions announced on Wednesday. The rematch is scheduled for Sept. 15. The first bout was a close one, and prompted a rematch that was.

Canelo vs GGG
GGG vs Canelo
Canelo vs GGG 2
GGG vs Canelo 2
Canelo vs GGG Live
GGG vs Canelo Live

 

Post a Comment

<< Home