Thursday, March 30, 2006

Cold Reading

Since Monday, I've been in bed with a cold. I've been able to do a lot of reading and emailing and other computer stuff, because I have the wireless connection to my QualiBook (the laptop). I started and finished Scott Adams' "God's Debris: A Thought Experiment", which is certainly worth discussing. Maybe I'll get a chance in our housewarming party on Saturday.

Yes, after four months of moving, we finally managed to invite people over and organize a big party. Curiously enough, the last housewarming party we threw, was exactly six years ago, to the day! We are nothing if not consistent. At the end of November 1999 we moved to Witten, Germany from Tampere, Finland and we had the housewarming party 1-Apr-00.

I'm also reading Jerry Weinberg's "Secrets of Consulting: A Guide to Giving and Getting Advice Successfully", Stephen R. Covey's "The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness", Jonathan Margolis' "Cleese Encounters" and "It's Dark in London".
I borrowed a few Marshal Laws from Yrjö and I'm starting with "Fear and Loathing".

I have to remember to update the website, because the postman brought finally my Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer. Impressive word!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home