Thursday, January 17, 2008

Looking back at year 2007

Yes, I'm still here too, even if you haven't heard from me. I guess Miska is trying to make this blog more professional, but regardless I'm going to post here some links, so you know what I've been up to last year.

The year was quite full of music. I have to start with the local bands Single Malt, Double Fun and Drinkin' Ovations.

The Rock Classic All Stars happenings are worth to mention - at least three times I saw these legends of rock, some of them even more often, more privately, like ex-Slade Steve Whalley. And boy can he sing!

Then I went to see T-Rex (not to be mixed up with the original T.Rex) for a couple of times. These guys know how to rock! And they know how to party :-)! And I shouldn't forget the Paddy goes to Holyhead.

But maybe, just maybe, the most unforgettable one was Moya Brennan, the singer of Clannad. More Irish music I got to enjoy with Noel McLoughlin.

At Pori Jazz there were many artists, some good, some not so good, and at this point I will only mention one - the one who made us to go there in the first place: Paul Anka - alive and kickin'!

I saw the musical We Will Rock You in Cologne and the best musical ever Vuonna 85 in Tampere.

So if you haven't heard from me, it's because I'm always somewhere enjoying good music. Or travelling - I didn't care to travel that much last year, just wanted to stay at home, but somehow I found myself being not only in Germany and Finland, but also in Denmark, Sweden, Russia and England! This year I will stay at home... Well, I'm going to Ireland soon, but that's only because of good music: Christy Moore in Killarney - that's where you'll find me in April!

Have a happy year 2008!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home