Sunday, October 07, 2007

Adjusting...

..today was all about adjusting to the time difference. I woke up at a normal time, had breakfast, made some plans and walked out of the hotel to realize them. After visiting the Saturday Marketplace I almost arrived late for the Omnimax presentation "The Human Body". The short film proved to be really interesting and well done. It used different techniques like magnification (up 50.000 times), heat-sensitive cameras, x-rays, time speed-ups and morphing to create visually superb effects on the larger than life screen that is so Imax.

After walking a bit too much, and nobody else is walking here. If you see people moving about without cars they are either jogging or cycling. A walker is unseen, although I saw a small group of women preparing to practice Nordic Walking by the Willamette river. The river name is pronounced something like 'wal-lamet' and is probably of Indian origin.

Now I'm back at the hotel and still fighting against falling asleep although it is starting to be the right time. So I think I'll watch some TV and sleep tight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home