Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The move, fairy tales and time travel

On Monday, we accepted the offer of one of the moving companies. We had to choose from just two offers, because the third one arrived only yesterday, almost a week after their visit. When you compare that with the fact that the fastest offer arrived the next day, you see a difference in the level of service. That was just one the reasons we went with Uhe. They were asking the right questions and they clearly wanted to provide a good quality service. That is extremely important to us and in general in the case of direct competition.

We went around to the apartment, which was supposed to be renovated by last week Wednesday already. Well, the two men were still working. But they promised to have everything ready this week. So much so that even the balcony would be usable by the movers on Wednesday. The balcony is supposed to get new tiles and we were already making scary scenarios in which the balcony would need to be left alone to dry and couldn't be used in the move.

It is probably the fastest way to move our stuff, to use an external lift through the balcony. And luckily that's what will be possible.

I packed away my Ferraris. It took a couple of hours and I forgot to take a picture. I try to remember, when I have unpacked them. I'm sure you'd like to see my Ferraris.

Yesterday, I decided to paint this old flat by myself. And by myself I mean two or three friends of mine. Stefan and Holger agreed to come and help me. Next week, I need to go buy the necessary supplies and prepare everything so that the painting itself goes smoothly on Saturday.

Saw "Brothers Grimm" in the movies yesterday. It took a while for the movie to really start, but then it was entertaining enough. It isn't a masterpiece, although they managed to sneak into it cleverly quite a lot of fairytales. If I had to choose one Terry Gilliam film, I'd take “12 Monkeys”. There's just something fascinating about time travel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home