Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bavaria on my mind

Yes, I am painfully aware of the fact that Miska wrote in this blog already a month ago that I will tell you more about our trip to Bavaria (remember the congress in Munich?) and that there will be some photos too. Call me lazy if you like (I just call myself very, very busy) but here they are - finally. Hope you like them!

Wednesday 28.9.2005 "Oktoberfest"


I'm not really into camping, but this is the kind of tent where I like to stay.


And everybody sings: "Ein Prosit, ein prosit der Gemütlichkeit!" - Cheers to cosiness!


That's us - Miska and Virpi in Octoberfest. Hey, check out the Lederhosen ;-)


Well, I did use to be a waitress - maybe I could earn some extra money here!


If "ein Maß" (one measure of beer) is one litre, it's really no use explaining that you had just a few beers.

Friday 30.9.2005 "Hofbräuhaus"


Münchener Rathaus -The Munich City Hall. Beautiful, isn't it?


The menu of the Hofbräuhaus: sausages, sauerkraut, more sausages, more sauerkraut and of course beer!


Maybe one beer tonight too in the famous Hofbräuhaus.


See the Finnish flag? The white one with the blue cross? Were we the only two Finns in the house that night? And what an ovation we got! At this point I would like to greet all our new friends that night: Hello Great Britain (not mentioning the Eurovision Song Contest), hej Norge (so you really thought I was Norwegian too), hej Danmark (I'm coming over there one day, I promise) and hallo Mädels aus Ruhrgebiet!


Don' try this at home!


Just one of the dozens of Munich lions we spotted during our visit.

Sunday 2.10.2005 "Schwangau"


Hohenschwangau - the castle where King Ludwig II spent most of his life. We did't have time to go in, even though at that point we were already looking for a apartment.


Does it always rain this much in the Alps, I wonder. There was probably a beutiful scenery behind me, but I couldn't see it for the fog.


Talking about new apartments... This would be something. This is the Neuschwanstein Castle built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria.


Breathtaking! There are no words. Just look at the picture and enjoy. Looking at the picture makes me think of a friend of mine in Finland who is probably clapping her hands looking at that picture. That's what she does when she sees something this beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home