Wednesday, May 03, 2006

All you need is friends. And sometimes you don't know what you just might need.

Many years ago I studied in Fellmanni - a hotel and restaurant school in Finland. I wanted to learn how to cook, how to make nice drinks, how to serve customers, how to be a receptionist with a smile on my face, how to speak French.... And what did I learn: accounting and German (well, I guess we had some other lessons too, but who cares).

I was quite sure I won't need those two things. Never. Ever. But. My first mistake was that I wanted to move abroad. To some country where you can speak Swedish. Or English. Or French. Or Italian. So we moved to Germany. That was the second mistake. The third one was to be a part of this firm called Qualiteers.

So today I found myself sitting for three long hours next to our tax advisor. Talking about accounting and taxes. In German.

Tomorrow I'm taking a day off. Go to a terrace. Have a cider or two. And hope that there are people who have learned in some restaurant school how to bring me my cider with a smile on their faces. I wonder if they speak French....

;-)

And just in case: I had the best time ever in Fellmanni. I made some good, dear friends. And at the end, that's all you need! And yes, I'm really happy that I moved to Germany, 'cause I've made some really nice friends here too! And I'm more than happy to get to work together with my husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home