Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Web Site Story

The story of colors clashing on the information superhighway. Are the pastel color gang Jets going to beat the **** out of the web-safe colors of the Sharks? One day a Tony the smaller than sign meets Maria the greater than sign and nothing will be the same ever again...

Or something like that. Sorry about that. I think I'm going crazy. I found the pun in my old Nokia time notepad and wanted to use it immediately. See for yourself. But about going crazy: I was walking in downtown Bochum and had this great idea for a novel, or maybe it will turn out to be a short story, who knows. I'm calling "The Crazyman's Journal", for now. I'm pretty good at starting things. Which of course implies that I suck at finishing stuff.

Even though I know there are three stages to all actions: preparation, the task and cleaning up. I like to prepare things, that's what normally stops me right in the beginning. I prepare and prepare and then suddenly something happens and I have no time to start after all. The next time I need to prepare again.

I enjoy the cleaning up phase, too. I get to enjoy it much more rarely than the preparation phase, though.

Today, I sent an article of mine into review. Kaj and Julien get to give me their opinions on the paper called "Turning Busyness Back To Business". Let's see if any magazine will want it. If not, I'll publish it on the web site.

Today I failed again to reach Peter, who trains people in the ways of inspection, a little like me. My training is much more restricted and shorter, and I deal with code inspection specifically, while Peter's training is applicable to documents, I think. But the principles are certainly the same and we share a mentor. Tom Gilb has trained us both. I was initiated to the Mystical Order of Inspection (MOI) in 1998 in Helsinki.

Today I received the newest extension to the game of Carcassonne, it is called The Tower. Can't wait to try it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home