Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Fanmail

I don't know if you know this already, but I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman and I was delighted to notice that his journal has received a makeover. It's actually a blog I try to read daily. It has some seriously interesting links in it often and the stories Neil relates from his homelife are enjoyable. I've read most of his books, short stories, comics and children's book. I even own one audio book, which had the extremely funny poem "Crazy Hair" on it. Recommended for anybody.

For children, I'd recommend "The Day I Swapped My Father for Two Goldfish" and "The Wolves in the Walls", which is pretty scary. And if you want even more scary stuff, you can read "Coraline", which might not be suitable for the smallest children and gives the heebie-jeebies to bigger ones up to adults, who are going to be really scared by it.

For comics that can make you think, I'd recommend "the Sandman" books. There's a long story told in 10 or so collected trade paperback books. If you want to read 'proper books', try "American Gods" or "Anansi Boys". If you like mythology, you'll be right at home in both of these godly stories.

You'll find pictures to all the books above in here.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I am officially no longer unemployed, I'm a freelancer starting today! On Friday, I fly. Today I received the training material (the Tick-its) and I'm mostly satisfied with the quality. Luckily I ordered twice as much as I absolutely needed. This is a good starting point. There's room for improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home