Saturday, January 14, 2006

Progress?

I finally decided to order the iWork software package from Apple. It contains two applications, Pages for text processing and Keynote for presentations. So I ordered iWork '05 and it arrived promptly the next day. First I was confused about the language version, because they of course delivered the German version. Luckily, like most Mac applications, the software is multilingual, it's only the manual that is in German.

So, on the day the package arrived, I happened to go to the Apple Store and what do I notice? They have started to sell iWork '06 and it costs exactly the same amount as iWork '05 did! I haven't opened the package yet, and I'm seriously considering exchanging the software for a newer. There is a three week waiting period but still. How do I feel like I just bought a whole load of milk gone sour? In principle and practically the software hasn't changed. How come I don't feel good about it? I would have felt just fine had I bought the package a year ago.

Strange phenomenon that, progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home