Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Faxing problems

Yesterday, we received a card from a Hofbräuhaus restaurant. You might remember that in September 2005, we visited the brewery restaurant Hofbräuhaus in Munich. This time the restaurant was in Las Vegas and the visitors were our friends. The card conveyed a very similar atmosphere as in the original restaurant. I wonder if the beer in the USA is really like having sex in a canoe. Any comments, Marko?

I seem to have caught the cold Virpi was suffering from last week. Or it's another one. No matter, it still makes me weak and stay inside. It's a good thing also, now I can try and work on renewing my training material. The new tickets will be really cool, even if I say so myself!

I've been trying to get a fax machine to work. Unfortunately, all I seem to have accomplished so far is that our telephone doesn't work anymore. Neither does the fax, although that's more difficult to test. I've checked the HP web pages for advice, read through countless fora and tried in practice several ways of cabling. I'm now at a loss. If anybody of you readers has any good advice on how to connect an HP 2210 All-In-One fax machine to a telephone line that already has both ISDN and ADSL modems on it, I'd really appreciate it. I know that my iMac could receive and send faxes, but it would need a modem for that and the modem needs to be connected to a phone line. This seems to be a little too confusing for me. It might be that I need to buy an ADSL filter to filter out part of the digital signal, but I've never seen such a device.

Help me, please!

Tomorrow, I'll tell you how constructing the book case and the two desks went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home