Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tampering

A few days back I tampered with some of the setting for this blog. Let me know if something is broken. It should now be easier to submit comments; you are no longer required to be registered. That should raise the number of comments dramatically, from one to whatever, as long as I have something meaningful to write about.

The trip to San Diego draws closer and the preparations should be on the way. I still need to get a physical (related to a new insurance, not to the trip) before the trip. There's packing to do (what to wear and what to read?), a taxi to call and so on.

There's a kitchen guy putting the last touches to our kitchen now. He had to make a cupboard slightly thinner, which he's done in his workshop, and he's brought a pre-prepared masking plate, which unluckily was just a little too wide. He's also going to set up a shelf, which Virpi has been missing for months now. Last time he was here was end of November, so it was about time to get the job done.

I've been systematically going through my CD collection and ripping as many of them as I've been able. So far four CD's have been refused to be read by my iBook G4 - called QualiBook, of course - out of a few hundred. There are currently about 3400 songs on my harddisk and I'm in the letter M, going backwards. Let's see if everything fits. This is packing, too!

It makes sense to rip everything, because nowadays we play the music solely randomly, through the stereo speakers, surely but without using the CD's in the process. This is enabled by the AirPort Express, WLAN device, which lets me stream iTunes wirelessly to it. And now that it is connected to the stereo and another one is connected to another set of speakers in the working corner and now that I bought a small application called Airfoil, I can stream any audio from QualiBook to either or both of the speakers. There is a slight delay between the speakers, which makes standing between the living room and the working corner a strange experience when both sets of speakers are blaring. But this kind of 'central radio' will be a hit in parties, I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home