Thursday, January 11, 2007

Speak easy

The neighbour sings a hit song from the seventies "Mombasa" out of tune but loud enough to hear on this side of the wall. I'm sitting at the living room coffee table writing this post on my iBook, hunched much too low. I'm wondering if I shouldn't move to the kitchen table, which is a little bit too high for me. I'm staying at friends who both are not vertically challenged and their kitchen table has had to adjust to the higher than normal requirements of life in this appartment.

Today I trained 8 people, the last ones in that one company. Now the whole staff has been schooled and I need to help keep them interested. Although I believe the Tick-the-Code to be motivating and useful enough to keep going by itself, most of the times, a change - especially a change for the better - needs more help. Initiatives are too easy to crush. Cynicism and disbelief are the weapons that stop almost any improvement, much too easily.

If you ever happen to be in Tampere, check out a restaurant called Speakeasy in Siperia. It is first of all quite a maze to find, and the decor is just wonderful. Let's see if they have a website.

(hmmm, googles a while...)

Found it! http://www.speakeasy.fi/

---

Suomeksi: Koulutus ja yksi tapaaminen tältä päivältä ohi. Koulutukseen liittyen seuraa tiukka palautekierros ja jälkiseuranta. Jäkiseuranta on tärkeää, jotta uudenlainen koulutettu tapa pääsee itämään organisaatiossa ja Tick-the-Code -katselmoinnin tapauksessa koodi alkaa parantua ja kiire hellittää. Sitä kautta tekijät pääsevät eroon epäolennaisuuksista ja vuosien varrella kertyneestä turhasta monimutkaisuudesta. Työstä tulee taas mukavaa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home